When Calvinism is contrasted with Arminianism, what first comes to mind is God’s role and man’s role in coming to faith. The Calvinist says that man plays no cooperative or contributive role in coming to faith, while the Arminian says that man cooperates with God in that man turns his heart to God, that is, exercises his will to come to faith. In Calvinism, God first regenerates the sinner and then gives the sinner the gift of faith, while in Arminianism, regeneration follows the sinner’s acceptance of God’s offer of salvation. Faith, for the Arminian is something the believer does, not something God gives, as Calvinism understands it.
Calvinism and Arminianism
- The Calvinist Robot and the Arminian Zombie: Grammars of coming to faith.
- Where there is no vision: No more cutting and pasting a way to prosperity for this hermeneut
- KJV or NASB? Of by and through and one less all to fight Arminians over
- Archibald Alexander and how we come to faith: Thank God that he never depends on human understanding to bring us to faith
- Pirate Christian Radio: Plundering galleys of drivel
|FRANCIS SCHAEFFER AN… on Pantheism, the Enlightenment a…|
|bography on The Calvinist Robot and the Ar…|
|bography on Where there is no vision: No m…|
|SLIMJIM on Where there is no vision: No m…|
|bography on When is an “ex-Jew” not a Jew?…|
- A Motley Brew
- Calvinism and Arminianism
- Cape Jewish Orphanage Oranjia
- Home and about
- In search of French past
- Jewish psychologists
- Judaism and Christianity
- Language, Communication and Translation
- My Academic Papers
- Rabbinical theology
- Songs we shouldn’t sing in church
- Theodor Herzl and his tragic family
- Victor Frankl, Judaism and God
- Disrobed not robbed: The Crucifixion of the Lord Jesus Christ
- The Constant Thirst and Constant Sacrifice of Jesus Christ: The Charism of Mother Teresa
- Home and about
- Did the Father turn his face away in sorrow from the Cross?
- Pope Benedict's retake of “His blood be on us and on our children!” (Matthew 27:25)
- God in Viktor Frankl’s Logotherapy
- Yin Yang dualism, CS Lewis and Christianity
- Songs we shouldn't sing in church
- When the Jew cleans up the Holy One of Israel's Mess, Messiah will he come?
- Yin Yang, God and the devil: A cosmic chess game?